Monday, November 2, 2015

My Week of Personal Trials

Wow, I have really been struggling lately. Although I am so blessed and thankful for the life God has provided me with, some weeks are just hard. Really. Hard. I struggle with even writing this post as sometimes it's just easier to sweep the bad stuff under the rug. Some challenges I've been facing:

Pneumonia
I went to the doctor the other day after having chest pains. Coincidentally, my jaw hurt as well, which can be a sign of a female having heart issues. By the time I saw the doctor, I was very scared I was having heart issues. I didn't want to have a heart attack while home with the kids. Can you imagine how bad that scenario would be?

It turned out my heart is good and strong, but I wasn't healthy. I was sick with pneumonia. This was so hard to hear because it's impossible these days for me to slow down with 2 young kiddos. Being sick and still taking care of kids ranks as one of the hardest things to do, in my book.

And flash forward another 3 days... Our whole house had pneumonia. The fun continues...

Eeek, a Mouse
Living in the country has brought its fair share of wildlife. It's better when observed outside, but when it comes inside, it's a whole other story. 

I was preparing for my in-laws to visit by making our guest bedroom downstairs. As I went up the stairs I found my daughter and dog sitting on the stairs. Our daughter was petting our dog, who was sprawled out messing with something. That something turned out to be a mouse. I quickly got everyone upstairs and shut the door for my husband to deal with the situation later.

I really don't care for mice. My husband did clean up when he came home (thanks love) and we have set traps in case there were more. We are all relieved that the traps have not been set off and there have been no more sightings.

Crying
I don't know if it's the combo of all of the above, providing around the clock care for two active, young children, the weather keeping us inside more, and/or hormones but I have had a week of crying. My days feel challenging. Sometimes a good cry helps.

It's just one bad week, not a bad life. Thank goodness for a toddler who will hold my hand, an infant who can find the humor in any situation, and a husband who works by night as a superhero.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts