Sunday, January 10, 2016

Starting Up a Daycare

It's been a few years now since I became a part time employee and turned my focus to raising my precious babies. As we ended 2015 with putting a lump sum payment on our mortgage, I'm finding inspiration to keep the momentum going for 2016. 

As many ideas to increase our family's income spring to mind, one that really pops out (and comes to my mind frequently over the years) is starting a daycare. This would certainly require being available at most hours of the day and wouldn't be the easiest option. My easiest path would be to increase my part time hours with the job I currently have. The struggle with this is finding the time to sit down at the computer. With only a few hours of having a sitter come over each week and 2 kids needing me constantly makes getting any time logged a real struggle. 

Why a daycare? I love kids and having my own children has helped me to better understand how much I love being around children. Viewing life through their eyes is the best. Also, my children would be participative at this day job. 

So I may not actually be moving forward with this idea just yet, but I am going to continue exploring this idea. Minus the pay, aren't I practically running a daycare as it is?
So, I'm hoping to increase my financial contribution for my family this year, I'm just still trying to figure out how I'm going to do that. 

Any ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts