Monday, April 4, 2016

Animals and Cupcakes

Choosing to live just outside of town made our family more country than I ever would have believed us to be. If you would have told me 5 years ago that I would have 2 children, 2 dogs, 2 outside cats, and 6 chickens I would have laughed at how crazy you were talking. Yet, here I am today, watching my toddler play inside our chicken coop with our animals wandering about as we work vigorously to get the coop finished. The chickens are ready to move in.

She wants to live in their coop, too. And then she realizes that would mean being outside, by herself, at night...

Riley loves playing with the tire and putting his hands in the grass while we work.
We also appear to gravitate towards animal related activities since our daughter is very obsessed with any and all creatures (along with the moon) right now. We loaded a sleeping baby and drove to a local 4-h group's family night. They had a baby cow, goat, puppies, and rabbits galore. Payton also got to decorate cupcakes, which she thought was so fun. I was thankful for not having to clean up such a messy activity.
These are the days. I love having littles around.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts