Monday, October 24, 2016

The Gift of a Sibling

Over the last few years I have found myself saying numerous times that the greatest gift I could have ever given my children is each other. I know that this may not always be the case, but during times when these two show love to each other, my heart sings. My babies are creating a beautiful relationship as they go through life within the same household. One day, they may only have each other to turn to and I hope they feel nothing but love towards one another and embrace the life together they have had.

It has taken many years but I can honestly tell you that I cherish my own relationships with my siblings. I am at a place in my life where I wish I lived closer to my siblings and could spend time with them regularly. May my two children be as fond of each other.

As I continue to collect pictures daily of each of my children together, growing, and playing, I hope to see many more moments of beauty in their friendship. Payton is a natural caregiver and loves showing Riley how to do anything and everything. She is really looking forward to helping potty train him (still a ways away). Right now, she settles for helping him walk (which he can do and doesn't necessarily welcome the help at times), reading him books, and assisting him with brushing his teeth. Riley looks for "sissy" every morning and screams from excitement when she finally wakes up and emerges from her bedroom. He never misses the chance to hug and open mouth kiss her.

So, please, my babies, learn to love each other with all you have even during times of conflict. Because, one day, your sibling may be all you have. Love, Mom


No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts