Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Happy Anniversary to My Love

Today, my husband and I celebrate 8 years of marriage. I love anniversary celebrations and have been known to take the whole week and make it full of celebrating with extra treats, surprises, and gifts. This year, I've been slacking though. I don't even think we will get a special meal tonight as it's looking like we will have leftovers. There just seems to be so much going on with potty training, activities, Monte's job, and diy projects around the house.

We have taken extra time to regularly talk about our memories of our wedding with our children and take them down a quick picture trip down memory lane. They are still young but have enjoyed looking at the pictures and hearing about our special day. Payton is having a hard time grasping the concept of a wedding anniversary though, so she refers to it as a wedding birthday. I suppose, in many ways, she isn't wrong!

8 years and it's been a beautiful ride. Our marriage has been much more challenged than ever before since having children but, at the end of the day, this is exactly where I am meant to be. Our children have also deeply blessed us in more ways than we could ever put to words. I am so thankful for the journey God has given me and can't wait to see what is in store for us down the road.

Real love stories never have endings. – Richard Bach

Happy Anniversary to my husband! My life has only been more enriched to have you, my better half, in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts