Friday, October 18, 2019

School Spirit Week

A few weeks ago we celebrated school spirit week with our daughter, a first for our kids to experience. I personally loved spirit week growing up and it gives our kids a chance to wear something they wouldn't normally wear to school.

We had one day off that week so there were 4 good days to dress up. Here's what we did:

Tie Dye Day
This girl was mostly tie dye from her head to her toes. On our day off, we took a trip to the zoo (that post is coming soon), so I even made a hair band and hair tie to match her outfit.

We didn't have any tie dye clothes at our house, other than the shoes we had made at a craft night we attended a few months back. I looked at making her outfit with clothes we had but decided to do a quick trip to the thrift stores first. We lucked out. And the rainbow tutu may just become a new favorite in someone's closet.

Celebrity Day
Payton kept saying she would be Jasmine from Aladdin and that we had a costume for it. I wasn't sure we did. Of course we waited until the night before to check. She pulls out the dress she is wearing in the picture, clearly not Jasmine. I had already been considering having her be JoJo as she collects her bows (and that's all we know about her). We decided to combine the outfit and my idea and come up with our own little JoJo. Turns out, there were about 5 other JoJos at school, including Payton's teacher. Payton was thrilled and thought it was one of the best days ever!

High School Stereotype Day
Our little cheerleader. Payton didn't want to consider any other ideas for this day and was set on this outfit as soon as she heard the option. We only had a costume for a college team but were willing to let that go!

School Spirit Day
The last day of the week was school spirit day. I couldn't just let her do jeans and a t-shirt. This girl loves all things girly and frilly. I happened to find a tutu at the thrift stores that worked and my husband thought of adding in his socks. They were so thick I had to pull shoes out 2 sizes bigger for Payton that day. Thank goodness for saved hand me downs. 

We also painted the school logo and a heart on her cheeks. I had wanted to do this for the stereotype day as well but I could not find the face paint pencils anywhere. I hunted all over. In the end, I found them right before school got out in the basket, right where I put them. I can laugh about it now as that is totally me. Payton had been a good sport about waiting an extra day for face paint.

All in all, we had a super fun spirit week. While Payton was in school, the boys and I enjoyed the warm weather while it's still here.
 Riley and I also love our time together while Jayden naps:
After working on preschool, we cuddle up and watch a quick show together. I love all these little moments within my day. My days are crazy and chaotic but my heart is full and I am very blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts