Sunday, December 27, 2020

Christmas 2020

 Christmas week around here was as beautiful as always. It was quiet, but that is what happens during a pandemic, as we quickly learned. We spent our time together at home as a family of 5. The weather was super nice, for our area so we really enjoyed getting outside to play. 

I love having my daughter and husband home over Christmas break. My husband has been fortunate to use most of his vacation time around the school schedule and it's just been a huge blessing for us as a family. So much time together. We cherish every minute of it, even when the moments are far from perfect. 

Here is a video from our Christmas Eve and Christmas day:

At the end of the video, is a picture of my hand. I landed into the emergency room on Christmas Eve after getting into a fight with the stand up mixer. There were no broken bones and for that we are so thankful for. Today, I still have some tightness but am mostly back to normal. But, my husband got the joys of doing almost everything on Christmas (including making meals and caring for the kids) as I needed to rest and ice my hand on repeat. 

I essentially had my phone create for me and then just put together the two videos. It was still a lot of work but hopefully this video will show my kids how sweet this time with them has been for us. Although, I have blogged our Christmas yearly since 2013, but the only other video I am seeing is from 2016:
Oh how quickly the times change. 2 littles to 3 littles. And now, all 3 of my children don't feel nearly so tiny. 

A few other pictures I want to show from our Christmas break not included in the first video. I just had to share:
Riley made a special card for Santa. He used his sights words and did this all on his own. Not bad for a preschool kid!
Payton also left a note for Santa and it is as incredibly detailed as we know and love her to be!
                                                           A note to the kids from Santa.
A picture with one of my babies.
Payton and I pulled our matching shirts from last year on. Glad they made another year.

We got out to explore our property and had a great time roaming our land!

What a great Christmas it was and we loved celebrating Jesus's birthday. I hope your holiday went as well as ours did! All this fun stuff must have caught up to us as we are tired today. Jayden is currently taking a 3 hour nap. I am hoping to get our 2020 year in review up soon as well as our month of December posted. All while fully soaking up having everyone at home!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts