Thursday, July 14, 2022

Happy Birthday Riley!

To my wonderful Riley: 

The middle of July was just the perfect birthday date for our sweet baby boy to arrive. In the middle of summer when life is easy and everyone is carefree and laidback. Almost a perfect match to the personality of Riley. 




7 looks so good on you, buddy. 
                                           
                                            
We have spent the day celebrating you in the many ways we know you love life. Dad went in a few hours late to work and we had a big breakfast complete with cinnamon rolls, sausage, and fruit. You got to open your presents from us. Payton and Jayden both made you their own gifts to give. Payton was sure to pack a huge hyvee grocery bag full of homemade cards and letters and pictures for you. She also picked up some items from garage sales (like slippers) and shopping with grandma for you (like Chapstick). Jayden found a flower for you at the park yesterday and colored some Mario pictures for you.

We headed to the library for a special travel museum event they were hosting. We all had a blast watching and participating before finding and checking out a million items. I type this as you are resting over quiet time. The rest of our day will be focused on you and reminding you of how loved you truly are.

With each and every birthday of my children (and my spouse and myself) I try to really reflect the time we have had together. This year hit me a bit hard as I still feel like Riley is so little. But long gone are those times of him coming to me and saying, "mommy, I hold you," anytime he wanted me to hold him. Or those times he would yell, "hello, it's me riley (pronounce wiley)," when he woke from nap each day. He doesn't need my help to dress or hold my hand as we walk or cross the street, although sometimes now I get really lucky and he still reaches for me on occasion. 

Riley, you may look like your momma and hear from so many people about this but your personality matches your father so much. That is probably why your bond with me is so strong. You are the the ying to my yang. I am so very thankful for you and your hugs and your huge heart. My old soul that tries so hard at life. Dream big, sweet boy. You are so brave and so strong and so very loved. 

You are my sunshine.

Love, Mom





No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts