Wednesday, April 4, 2018

Easter Recap 2018

“He is not here; he has risen! Remember how he told you, while he was still with you in Galilee: ‘The Son of Man must be delivered into the hands of sinful men, be crucified and on the third day be raised again.'” Luke 24:6-7

Happy (belated) Easter! We hope you had a great Easter Sunday. Our family continues with staying home and trying to keep our baby healthy but we were fortunate to have my husband's parents come stay with us for the holiday. We continue to find comfort in our quiet season of life.
Payton had been asking for mommy and me matching dresses so we surprised her with them a few weeks ago. She has worn this dress several times already. I figure I may as well give in now because it won't be long before she absolutely refuses to dress like me.

On the eve of Easter, baskets were laid out for the kids along with a note from the Easter bunny. I will always go all out for a note, it makes life so much fun for the imagination of little ones:

 Mr. Beaks, the children's penguin helped our Easter bunny this year. The kids were so excited to hear that!

We woke up to 6 inches of snow Easter morning and were lucky the Easter egg hunt was indoors instead of outdoors this year.
 After the egg hunt (and multiple hunts from the kids after), we had breakfast. I attempted to make pancake bunnies for the kids:
 No matter how good or bad my cooking is, my kids always appreciate how much I try for them. I will always love them for that.

We had some activities planned during the week that were Easter themed. We read related stories from the bible and worked on eggs and made paper baskets.

Jayden joined in the fun as well:
That little bunny is stealing our hearts. Brother and sister light up whenever he is in the room.

Jayden is growing big and loves to laugh along with us. We had so much fun celebrating a holiday first with him. Life just wouldn't be the same without him in our lives.

Did you notice the new kitchen table? Yes, we have made a big change that I hope to write about soon (it needs finished first). 
My extra handy hubby worked really hard on a table and bench for our household and met the Easter deadline. We are loving it already but I still need to finish the chairs that go with it. More to come soon, I hope!

Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts