Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Payton's 5th Birthday Party

Over the weekend we celebrated this sweet girl's 5th birthday. Her actual birthday is next weekend but we were seeing family already for Jayden's baptism and so we decided to throw in a party on top of that. It made for a busy weekend but it was also so, so much fun. We kept it simple with a (store bought) cake and homemade cupcakes. Payton asked for a Minnie Mouse theme for the second year in a row. I can't complain about how simple she keeps my life.
I decided to splurge and invest in a balloon arch. With 3 kids I think we will get plenty of use out of it as we take on many birthdays and special occasions as we raise our family. It also makes for a beautiful background for pictures.

Not that I took many pictures. Seriously, I failed. The weekend was so busy that I realized on the way home as I flipped through my photo album that I took almost no pictures. The few above from the party, 1 of which was actually taken by my sister. I took a total of ZERO pictures of Jayden's baptism. I'm hoping to round up pictures my family took over our trip back. Seriously, balancing 3 kids and events is a lot to take on.

We are back home though and trying to play catch up after the whirlwind of a weekend. I'm preparing myself for Payton to turn 5 on Saturday. It's bittersweet and makes me a bit teary eyed but mostly I am so excited for her as she crosses this milestone. I know she can't wait to hit this age and is looking forward to so many things in her life. I love watching her excitement and her zest for life is so contagious.

Don't grow up too fast, Payton, my girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts