Thursday, June 21, 2018

Jayden is 6 Months

This post is about a week over due but Jayden hit the half a year mark. He's growing up quickly and has sped my time up the fastest. But, as they say, babies don't keep.
 Oh, our little Jayders, you keep life so light and fun. You are always down for whatever we are doing, laugh about everything, and your smile melts my heart. You talk and talk and talk. Your curiosity for your siblings continues to grow and, I can tell you this, you brother and sister love you so, so much. Your mommy and daddy do, too.
Taking pictures of you is easy, baby Jayden. You are one of the happiest babies.

In this month, you started trying food and are okay with it! You are still working on strengthening your muscles but that has made a huge leap in growth just in the last few weeks. You love putting weight on your legs though.

Nights are rough as you had a slight sleep regression possibly due to a growth spurt. You could also be teething, I'm not entirely sure. At night and for naps, you only want momma which is good and bad. I'll take it, in any case.

You love, love, love books and being read to. Any toy (or momma or sissy's hair) that comes within reach makes you swing your arms around excitedly and attempt to grab. You still aren't a huge fan of tummy time but you are used to doing it.

I don't take many pictures of your scars from your surgery when you were born, nor do I discuss it much, but I realize that one day you may ask me about it. So, at 6 months, here is a photo of how you're healing, which in short, is so well!
You can see your incision mark under your arm, across your back. There is a second mark below there where your ribs are. It's amazing how well you have healed. Jayden, you may be the strongest person I have ever met, already enduring invasive surgery right after birth.

We love you so much and can't wait to see all you have to offer this world.

Cheers to 1/2 a year my littlest love!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts