Monday, June 18, 2018

Today versus 4 years ago

Today, Payton started her first day of summer dance. It is a moana themed dance camp and she was so excited to go. As I sat and watched her practice (there is always that 1 momma, you know, the one that stays for the whole time instead of leaving) I happened to see a memory on facebook from 4 years ago. It was her first day of swim lessons. Mommy and me swimming to be exact.

That feels like last month. Seriously, I need time to slow down. I now have 3 kids and not just the 1 that I had 4 years ago. Our curly haired toddler then is now a bouncing, busy preschooler. You no longer hold your mommy's hand walking into class and you give the briefest of goodbyes as class starts. But you are also so bold and talk to new children, making friends quickly.

You left dance class today talking the whole way home about dance routines, people you met, the bracelet you made, and what you plan to do the rest of the day. You hugged and greeted your grandmother and brothers with so much love and talked vividly about your morning. 4 years ago, you took the longest nap because swim took it out of you. Today, you won't nap but will rest for an hour before hitting the ground running again.

Time, you are a thief. I am so thankful for my beautiful memories of swimming with Payton and also of my time being the only mom sitting in dance class watching my child blossom and bond. Life goes fast but I am truly soaking up every second I am given.

“I'll love you forever,
I'll like you for always, 
As long as I'm living, 
my baby you'll be.”



Hey, Payton, thanks for letting me watch life through your eyes. You teach me more and more every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts