Sunday, January 2, 2022

Christmas 2021

 Our holiday was another quiet one and just our family. We have spent many holidays this way, most recently due to the pandemic but before due to one of our children having issues with getting so sick so often. He has done so much better since being diagnosed with food allergies and getting the right medications and diet for him. But, then the pandemic started and continued on and on. 

In many ways though, I do like our quiet holidays. I soak up all my time with my children. They are growing so fast and I see that so clearly as we reviewed all of our yearly videos I have made (see 2021 video here). I feel like I cry every year watching our years play out. We started in 2016. I am tempted to try and create ones for 2013-2015 if I can find where my videos and pictures are from that time.

I put together a quick little video of our Christmas weekend, Christmas Eve and Christmas day. It was so magical, as you know kids tend to make this season. We are so blessed and extra thankful for the birth of Jesus and the peace he brings us. 

Never have I ever felt more like a mom in an ugly Christmas sweater. Ha! It cracks me up. We played lots of board games (learned Chess and pachisi this year). We looked at so many lights and even drove quite a ways for some of them. We drank punch and ate way too much sugar. We took the kids to an annual lights in the park affair but landed on the wrong weekend, Woops! They were truly kind to us about it and had fun playing in the park playground in the dark as we tried to come up with a plan b. 

Santa was spoiled with a letter from Payton, cookies, and the reindeer got magical reindeer food left out for them. Payton hopes to become Santa's navigator next year!

We have spent the rest of our break together lounging and enjoying being at home. We don't know what day were are on 99.9% of the time. And, we got SNOW! Not for Christmas but a few days later. So, today we headed out to play in the freezing temps. We made it a whole 15 minutes before returning back inside where it's warm. 

'tis the season.

Merry Christmas and Happy New year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts