Saturday, January 1, 2022

2021 In Review

 Today is January 1st. Happy New Year! What a year it has been. I put together a video (which is never short) of our 2021 in review. It's not short at all but I do hope it encompasses so much of what our year looked like. The big (concerts, birthdays) and the small (playing outside, swimming, just being together at home) things. All the things that truly represent a life. Our life. 


These videos are getting harder and harder to make. I'm not sure if my technology skills are just starting to lack or that the computers just don't sync together with phones like they used to but it's a real CHALLENGE for me to get these done. I ended up using the music my phone picked because I didn't want to lose all my work (it wouldn't have been the first time this round). So please, enjoy, know that this was a lot of time to do. It didn't turn out entirely the way I wanted it but it does still beautifully portray my children and how much of everything they bring to our lives.

I am so thankful for all we have been through this year. The doctor appointments (surgeries completed for my youngest child), swim lessons, soccer, gymnastics, piano, library story time, a million arts and crafts projects, and everything in between. We were sick, we were healthy, we were happy, we were sad. God called us to experience it all and that we did, all in one year! Here are some highlights for us:

1) We started piano. By we, I mean Payton. But, I am learning right along side her. And we (maybe mostly me) are LOVING it. I love piano music so much and that love has only grown. Payton is a true natural and plays beautifully.

2) We send our 2nd baby to school. Riley started school and it has been simultaneously sad and exciting at the same time. He loves school and is also my only kid who would stay little for me if he could. 

3) Our youngest completed all the loose ends we knew of at birth. This was huge for us and isn't talked about much on here but our son completed the surgeries we found out at birth he would need. 2 hand surgeries (both thumbs) done and done! One meant a 3 hour drive one way and I thought that was bad. Then, we were slammed with the news of going another state over for the next one (over 5 hour drive one way). Our first trip there ended up with our little guy getting sick for 24 hours. A few trips more and we learned he had an elevation/motion sickness issue. SO..... not much of our journey has been easy or simple but we are so very thankful this is behind us and we have a healthy, thriving 4 year old.

4) Our babies are growing so fast! We are ending this year with an 8 year old, 6 year old and 4 year old. We won't even discuss how old the mom and dad in this house are.

5) We tried 4-h. Another new thing we took on is learning and enrolling in 4-h. It has been so fun to pick and choose what is right for us and learning all we can along the way. 

6) Our garden is getting fancier. My husband made raised beds and we couldn't be happier. We gardened until our hearts were content this summer. We didn't harvest as much as we hoped but it's been such a fun learning curve for us. Our raspberries though have taken off and are about to take over an entire side of our shop. Life just stays so fun around here. 

7) Our side road has gone over a million miles. I said this as number 7 in 2016 (see here) that our side road had seen so many miles on it. By foot, by bike, by rollerblades, by stroller, you name it... but we live on this road. That hasn't changed since we moved here. If that road could talk it would tell so many tales about our life, dreams, hard times, and love for God!

8) Our kids completed cheer, soccer, and flag football. This wasn't a new thing (except actual flag football games for Riley as he's old enough now), but it was one of the kids favorites that they named. They really enjoy these activities and look forward to them all year long. 

Here's to 2022, may it be another good year to us!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts