Thursday, December 5, 2019

November 2019 Recap

Wow, did this post take a ton of work to complete. I actually contemplated several times to not even do this post because there were so many issues with getting my pictures uploaded this time around. It is no secret that this little blog is for my children. So kids, one day in the far far future if you ever come across and read this post, thank us for all the work we put into this space for you. There were so many challenges with getting this extra long, extra fun post together. And actually, this space has been a lot of time and work for us.

But, November held so much fun and love and, unfortunately, sickness. Reflecting on the month though I have so much happy thoughts regarding it. Our adjustment to school has been really challenging on all of us, myself especially. But, I really felt like we finally found a rhythm. And then we had a long break to look forward to!

So let's get to our November 2019:

The Ballet
We surprised Payton with a trip to the nutcracker ballet. Grandma was supposed to come with us as well but she was sick and couldn't make the trip. We were bummed but Payton and I still had the best time ever and were mesmerized by the beauty of the ballet. Payton is still talking about their dances and attempting to repeat their graceful moves today.

Cousins visit
We did get a weekend of too much fun when our cousins came to visit. They chose to stay in a hotel room this time and we got to enjoy so many perks of their vacation. Swimming, tourist activities, dining out, and playing the day away with our cousins made for the most fun weekend this month. We can't wait to see them again!

The weather is always changing
A good part of this month was spent outside playing, making park trips, and running around in t-shirts or jackets (depending on what the weather called for). We try very hard to live outside during these days.

And then the weather took a random change...
We were outside as well making snowmen, shoveling, sledding, and breathing in the fresh, quiet air that always comes with a good snow storm. A combination of this storm and sickness kept family from coming to visit us for Thanksgiving.

Thanksgiving
What should have been a house full of people ended up being just our family, party of 5. We were sad and disapointed but, in the end, it was probably my most favorite Thanksgiving ever. The kids made pies with me, helped with making the meal, and we just got so reconnected again. I haven't felt to close as a family since before Payton started school. This holiday meant the world to me.
We taught the kids how to play spoons and Cooties (checked out from our local library) and these games have been on constant rotation since.
We pulled out the bead mania kit we have and I was shocked when all 3 kids spent hours working on these over the week. Payton got very creative with her designs and started making mermaids, superman logo, and other creative designs.
We had to mark the calendar of when we could put our Christmas tree up because Riley had been asking since November 1st. Our date was set for the day after Thanksgiving and Riley woke up at 5AM ready to do just that on Black Friday. Forget shopping, decorating trees is where it is at. We spent the morning reflecting on Thanksgiving and sharing plans for Christmas to come.

We also surprised the kids on the last day of our vacation together with bowling:
We were sad to end our Thanksgiving vacation to get back to our regular routine but this last outing really sealed the deal for us on looking forward to Christmas vacation!!!!

Riley and I snuck off for a date

Sometimes, I recognize that one of my children really needs some 1 on 1 time. This month it was Riley. So, I was able to sneak away with him for a "coffee shop date" which is the most loved and cherished by my children. Our hometown coffee shop has many daily bakery items and juice drink options, along with children's games to play. My kids could live there.
 As the middle child I can see how he doesn't always feel like he gets enough time, but I do hope he always knows that he is loved and we try our absolute hardest. Life just wouldn't be the same without his humor and sweet heart.
School at Home

School was busy and full of lots of projects this month. I got Payton for a week as well since she was on vacation. It was so good to have her back in the "classroom" with me, I have missed having these 3 together for everything!
 Riley has graduated to bigger puzzles and quickly figured out how to put this 100 piece puzzle together:
 The kids made Thankful place settings:
 Riley and his letter G monster and Goat:
We did do a few trips out and about for school including the library story time and the children's museum:

And then sickness finally caught up with us

Almost everyone around us had been sick and we thought we had avoided it. But, sickness did eventually hit our house for another round. This was a first for us as we got hand, foot, and mouth disease.

I had no idea what Jayden had so I took him into the dr. While there, Riley spiked a fever and started to feel miserable. He ended up being checked out as well. It was my hardest and worst experience at the doctor as I had 2 very sick kids that had to be held by their mommy and didn't want anyone to touch them or poke and prod them.
This picture was taken at the dr's office. I had to carry them all the way to labs and x-ray. I had to hold them both as they had blood drawn and as Jayden screamed reaching for me as he had an x-ray taken while I held his crying older brother. They were miserable.

And then the next day, they both broke out with bumps...
We were quarantined at home for the full 10 days. We got lots of extra time together, extra love, and extra cuddles. And also, extra tv time.
Our 4 year old who doesn't nap also napped most of this sickness away:

We survived and are back to the full swing of activities again. These hard times with kids are good reminders to appreciate times of good health.

We celebrated a birthday
My husband turned 35 and Payton insisted we celebrate him with pink. She swears it's his favorite color! He did take the day off work and we just had the best time together as a family.

Big Boy Bed
Someone graduated to a big boy bed. It's hard to put away the crib, especially since it may be the last time for us to use it. *Sigh* Time just goes by too fast for me. I can't even catch my breath.

Jayden has done super well in the big boy bed though and even has slept through the night a few times, which wasn't happening in the crib.

But, please stay little a bit longer Jayden. It hurts my heart to see you grow so fast.

Pizza night
Pizza night continues to be a huge tradition at our house. We make the pizza together (most of the time) and then watch a movie and/or play games together. I hope we always do this and my kids cherish these memories made forever.

Matching clothes
On impulse I purchased a mommy and me matching t-shirt set and gave it to Payton over Thanksgiving break. I would have saved for Christmas but they are Christmas themed shirts and I wanted us to enjoy them. She was so thrilled. Can't you tell by her face? She is wearing this shirt the minute it comes out of the dryer and would live in it if I would let her. I just love how kids love the little things.

And that is a wrap for our November. As you can see by this long post, one of the best months ever! Even with being sick, I got so much family time with my little family. I am only that much more excited for Christmas together!

As we enter December, please pray for our family. Our dog (the Westie in the pic below) has been struggling with his health. We don't know how much longer we have with him. 11 1/2 years just hasn't been enough for us. He was my first baby with my husband and we love him so very much.

Happy Holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts