Thursday, December 7, 2023

Happy Holidays

 As I sent out holiday cards over the last week, I wanted to share some of the pictures we used for those and to wish you a Merry Christmas, dear reader. I hope this season is magical for you. 

This is one of the first years we did not get a photographer and I went out and took the pictures myself. This also mean I am not in the pictures. Nor is my husband (to which he wasn't totally happy with but he is also the one who requested no hired photographer, so you get what you what). But, I am totally in love with the pictures I did take:








There were so many keepers to choose from when I only requested one good photo. 1. That's it. Boy, did these kids show up.
 
We chose one of our favorite walking areas of which we have never taken family pictures at since having children that I can recall. Fun fact though, Monte and I took holiday pictures here back when it was just us and our 2 beloved dogs during our first few years of marriage. It was so bittersweet to be back here taking these pictures as a family with 4 beautiful children.

I took the pictures on my own but Monte came to supervise towards the end. By then, Avery was over it and was ready to go home. Overall, I was a bit of a crabbier photographer as I would have liked to be, as my subjects weren't super cooperative. And, yet, we still got some great pictures. But it took much longer than planned and then Avery lost steam so the kids didn't get to walk the route like they hoped. Which was a total bummer.

So, we went back a few days later to try again. Minus taking pictures since I needed no retakes.
And this time there were no complaints and a bonus of a rare caffeine high and a baby napping!

To my children,

I hope you look at those family pictures and they bring up good feelings of happy times. Please know that I am so thankful for you and am so sorry for the times where I didn't behave my best. I am a work in progress and try so hard to be intentional. 

Love, 

Mom

Happy Holidays from our family to yours!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts