Our sweet baby boy is another year older. Each year as I set up for the birthday, at night after the kids have gone to bed, the moment is so bittersweet to me. I always take a single picture of my prep work just to soak it all up.
For the day, Riley insisted he make his own cake and Payton said she would make the cupcakes. They both did a fantastic job.And, just like that, our sweet boy turned 11.
We spent the day just as he wanted. At home, mostly. We ventured out to go fishing and to see the new Toy Story 5 movie (it was very good). Monte took the day off work and Riley made all the decisions that day. This is something he truly struggles with but it was good for him and was well worth it.
Riley,
Happy Birthday! You are one of the sweetest, kindest, most creative souls I’ve ever known. Even on the days you don’t see yourself the way I see you, I hope you feel how deeply loved you are. I can’t wait to watch the incredible things you’ll do in your life, and no matter where you go or what you chase, you’ll always find me in the stands, cheering you on. Always.
Love,
Mom


No comments:
Post a Comment