Saturday, March 25, 2017

This Week in Review

Wow, what a fast week this has been for me. I was looking at my phone and noticed that I captured several good moments from our recent adventures so I thought I would do a quick post to share these shots.

I've said it many times but most of our adventures are dictated by the weather. The beginning of the week we saw amazing temperatures (think high 70s amazing) and were able to get outside. We played with chalk, watched bubbles fly away, and ate ice cream. Lots and lots of ice cream.
With the good weather cooling down a bit part way through the week, we still managed to make it outside frequently. The kids love sliding down the slide together currently and I watch anticipating an accident to happen. So far, so good. Also, when did my baby boy start to look so big?
With turkey hunting season approaching, we went out scouting for turkeys (above picture) one evening this week. Payton is very interested in hunting and really wants to go with her daddy this year.

Towards the end of the week we were pushed back inside and I got to watch superheros on a mission, several art projects started and completed (making Easter cards for everyone is huge right now), puppet shows, and reading in the rocking chair. I know the rocking chair picture isn't the greatest picture I've ever taken, but it does sum up my children's current relationship. This picture is exactly as I found them when I walked into Riley's room after loading the dishwasher. It's so beautiful watching your own children's relationships unfold.

Last night, we went to an annual family fun event that our local 4-h group puts on. It had about the same activities as last year but my what a difference a year makes. Take a look at last year's post and see for yourself. Both kids made cupcakes and ate them as fast as they could. They also got to see rabbits, a baby goat, and a calf. Riley was so excited to see the baby calf. He was even more intrigued when he was shown what the calf's bottle looks like.

The event also had a dress up activity where children could put clothing of their choice on over their outfit and then put on a show for everyone. Payton insisted she should do it and we had absolutely no idea how that was going to go over. Warning: this video is noisy and there is a lot of background noise so turn your volume down or prepare to be blasted!

This is a mommy proud moment. She started off with a trip but recovered greatly. I was very impressed with how big she suddenly seemed. It's bittersweet to see how much your child has grown.

The rest of the weekend will be spent at home. My hubby is already working hard on our storage room building more shelves for us.
I'm thankful he works so hard for our family. I'm also kind of ready to see projects around our house come to an end. That may be wishful thinking as we seem to move on to another project house as soon as there is any down time with diy lists. I'll continue to dream though.
Lastly, our household continues to view gorgeous sunsets. I will never get over how peaceful and good life can feel when saying goodbye to the sun for the day.

I hope you are having a great week as well! What are you up to this weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts