Monday, August 14, 2017

August Life Update

We have been up to so much fun stuff around here. I went through my pictures and pulled some that I wanted to make sure were put up on here. We kicked off the month with our annual fair in town:
Riley got a dog balloon animal while Payton picked a rainbow. She also had a rainbow, flower, and unicorn painted on her face. Riley is still afraid of the face painting so he skipped that part. Payton wanted to ride all the rides while Riley was a bit more selective. It was so crazy to see Payton on the ferris wheel, looking suddenly like a big kid. We were extra blessed to have Grandma accompany us to the fair as she was staying with us for the week to attend her annual quilt guild event.
Monte got to work and built a swing set for the kids in a weekend. They have been loving this swing set, called the "Minnie swing set" by Payton. We celebrated our first week with it by having several picnics next to the house on the top.
The kids (and I) love having a dad that is so handy.
Riley moved to a big boy bed and I may have shed a few tears. It is hard to see the crib get taken down, but the transition has gone very smoothly for our little Riley bug.
It's apple season again and our 3 trees had a small harvest. I've started making applesauce and putting cored apples in the freezer to enjoy this winter. The kids love having fresh applesauce around!
They will eat all that I make for snack if I don't keep an eye on them.

Our last bit of news for this month. We unfortunately had the stomach bug hit 3 of the 4 of us very hard at our house. We have taken about a week off from everything from being so sick and recovery.
We are just finally starting to feel better and having more energy, as well as having our appetite return. I expect our schedule will return to full craziness sometime this week.
As you can see, the first half of August was fairly eventful at our house. Things don't really slow down for the rest of August. We have another camping trip and our first trip to the zoo. Also, we may find out the gender of baby #3 at our first ultrasound. I don't know what's to come that I'm most excited for!

I'm already seeing pictures of kids starting school and love viewing back to school shots. I'm taking time this year to thank God for the extra time with my littles. We won't have a school shot for Payton as she will continue being home schooled for preschool. She didn't even let me take the summer off from her school work. We hadn't originally intended to do any homeschooling at all but it has been the path we felt God was leading us down. At this time, we do intend to send her to public school for kindergarten but we will see what path we believe we are to go down as time gets closer.

I hope you are enjoying your Monday! Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts