Friday, September 29, 2017

Baby #3 Gender Reveal

We have been keeping a little secret for a bit. I wanted to make sure we had a chance to share our news with close friends and family prior to sharing our news on here, where anyone could see what I write. A few weeks ago, we had an ultrasound for baby 3# and were able to find out the gender.
We really went back and forth if we would find out the gender or wait until the birth to learn if we were going to be blessed with a boy or girl. I'm a planner and really like the idea of knowing what to expect. Ultimately, we decided to find out because our daughter really, really wants a girl so she can pass all of her clothes on. In case we weren't having a girl we thought this may allow her some time to digest the news and plan for what's to come. 

The kids have had so much fun sharing the news with everyone so I thought I should let them be the ones to share the news here:



We are so excited to welcome this baby to our family! Payton was disappointed for a few seconds but then she told our ultrasound tech, "that's okay, we are going to have 4 babies." She's pretty determined there will be a 4th and that one will be a girl. I honestly am not sure that is in the cards for us but we told her to talk to God about this wish. She prays for 4 babies in her family almost nightly now.

Since we are on the topic of baby #3 any ways, this is probably a good time to give a quick update on my pregnancy. So, I snapped another quick photo as we were about the walk out the door (sorry, baby #3, everything is always done in a rush now):

How far along: I am 28 weeks.

Maternity clothes: I am wearing all maternity tops now! There are some shorts and yoga pants I still squeeze into that are not maternity, but other than that all my pre-pregnancy clothes have been packed away!

Sleep: This depends on the night! As long as Payton and Riley sleep all night, I am for the most part. I am finding a few nights a week where I'm up around 3am for an hour or two. Overall though, I feel okay with my sleep amounts.


Best moment this month: Watching the kids get so excited about their new baby is the best. They love talking to everyone about the baby and their plans. Payton also loves rubbing my belly, singing to the baby, and trying to guess what the baby is doing.

Worst moment this month: Just like with my last pregnancy, I have a lot of lower back pain. This baby sits really low and so some days I hurt worse than others. I have also had random periods of time where I lose feeling in my fingers. 

Miss anything: I typically give up coffee during pregnancies and for the most part I don't miss it. The days where I do miss it though, I really, really miss it. I have given in quite a bit though with this pregnancy and allowed myself coffee if I want it.
Movement: Each baby has been so different. I would say this one moves the least out of my 3 babies. I'm hoping this means this will be my most go with the flow child, although Riley is already in the running for that!

Cravings: I don't know that I really crave anything in particular. I do really like gravy when we have it so I'm thinking more of the salty foods. 

Queasy or sick: Feeling good.

Looking forward to: I am really looking forward to watching my babies bond with our new baby. There is something so beautiful about watching siblings together. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts