Wednesday, October 4, 2017

A Milestone Birthday, a Wedding, and A New Baby in Our Family

Holy cow, our weekend and start of our week was extremely busy. Like, super crazy. It was a milestone birthday for me (the big 3-0), the kids and I were in a wedding for our close friends, and my sister had her baby on my birthday! My sister chose to have her baby at a local hospital for us (which is several hours away from her house) so we kept her other daughter and my mother at our house during this time. The baby wasn't due quite yet so it was quite a nice surprise that she chose to come on the same day as my birthday. I'm so excited to spend the rest of my life celebrating the same birthday date as my niece.

With all these life events, I had tons of pictures and videos from the weekend. I felt the best way to get them up on here would be through a YouTube video. So, today the kids and I put one together:



My husband gave me a surprise birthday party and I had absolutely no idea. None whatsoever. I think that's the beauty in being pregnant as I tend to be a bit oblivious to everything going on. He wanted to keep it really small but was sure to bring in 3 of my friends from high school. It was so great to see them as I still talk to them all the time but rarely actually get to see them. I'm sure it goes without saying but this was just another opportunity where I was reminded of just how my husband means to me and how good he is to me. After being surprised with the party, I was able to think back and realize how stressed he must have been with all of the extra work of planning, cleaning, and preparing on his plate. So, thank you hubby for making life so good for me!

Most people who know me well would probably guess that turning 30 would be quite hard for me. In the past, I have struggled with most birthdays and the whole concept of getting older. It even surprises me to admit this but I really didn't struggle with turning 30. In fact, I have pretty much embraced it. Sure it's bittersweet but I'm also excited to see where life will take me in the next decade.

My 20s were full of learning, personal growth, and challenging experiences. I had many beautiful milestones such as graduating college, becoming fully licensed as a counselor, getting married, buying our first home, starting a rental business, having 2 children, and learning about parenthood. There were also so many hard moments including moving, infertility, death, financial struggles, exhaustion, jobs I absolutely did not like, sickness, and marital issues. There were many ups and downs but I have learned a lot about who I am and what I want from life through these periods of time. I still have so much to learn and am excited for my journey to unfold.

My family all returned home this morning so we plan to take the next few days and recover! Our household is definitely in need of some down time!

Hope you are enjoying your week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts