Friday, January 26, 2018

It's Quiet on Here

With the birth of a new child, it should almost be expected for things to be quiet on here. That isn't necessarily the case in reality for me. Our household is busier than ever and I am constantly demanded by my 3 children. It's beautiful and draining and crazy busy.

In the last few weeks, we continued to bond as a family and enjoyed having my husband home. We had a snow storm hit our area which gave us the opportunity to enjoy snow.  Our kids are obsessed with sledding, eating snow, digging snow caves, and building snow men. On repeat.


After 6 weeks at home we had to unfortunately send my husband back to work. We are so, so fortunate that he works for a company that gave him so much time off but we still weren't ready for him to make the return. Our house became a bit quieter in some ways but the workload piled up for me as I took on the days solo again. His presence has been greatly missed.

With so much sickness continuing to go around in our area, we continue to stay home as much as possible. I have found many inside activities to keep us busy and we try to sneak out for 10-15 minute intervals. I seem to spend more time bundling up the kids than we spend outside but it's totally worth it for a bit of fresh air.
We did sneak away to the park during one warmer afternoon to take a look at the ducks.
I stayed in the vehicle with Jayden as it was still too cold for him. In many ways, I think we are all looking forward to spring!

Jayden continues to grow and we love taking turns taking care of him. It's been amazing to watch my children bond with each other.
We've had family visit the last few weekends but this weekend will be a quiet one for us. I wouldn't have it any other way and can't wait to hang out for a few days with these 4:
They are demanding pizza and movies, as usual. I'm thinking we may tie this in with a game night as well.

Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts