Friday, March 23, 2018

Farewell

Happy (belated) First Day of Spring. Oh, the weather finally appears to be changing. We couldn't be more relieved this year to see signs of spring appearing. Thus, we must give our farewell to winter. 
Winter, you were good to us. But you were also hard on us at times. Sick season, when it hit our household, it really hit. And when it rained, it poured.

Our house had been circulating a cold around and by the grace of God missed Jayden. Or so we thought. He caught it at the very tail end just as I was thinking we were all over it and our baby had been skipped. 
A few days into being sick, my husband's grandmother passed away. A beautiful soul. My husband and the 2 big kids went to stay with family and lay her to rest. Payton and Riley had a good time seeing family and playing with their cousins.

I stayed home with Jayden, took him to the dr, and gave breathing treatments every 4 hours around the clock. It made for a quiet home but I was as busy as ever, which is how it goes with a sick little one.

After a few days we were reunited as a family and Jayden was feeling much better.
We continue to marvel at how quickly he is growing and how much he reflects each of his siblings.
The last few days the sun has come out and the big kids have taken to outside activities they once loved like being superheroes and walking the dogs (despite being in the country and not needing a leash).
I started spring cleaning and decided to donate my excess oversupply of breast milk. This was a huge deal for me (and the person receiving) as I promised myself to commit to this after Jayden received donor's milk at the hospital before my milk came in.
It was a little over 300 ounces and I am so proud. One of the many lessons my children have taught me, giving back feels so good.

Farewell to winter, welcome spring! We look so forward to what lies ahead for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts