Friday, April 27, 2018

The Kitchen Table

I mentioned a few weeks ago that we got a new table. My husband actually made us a new table, with his own two hands. I had been begging for one for years and am so thankful for a handy husband that takes the time to make my dreams come true.

This one was very important to me and dear to my heart. You see, at our house, so much life happens at our table. So much life. Losses, pregnancy announcements, kissing owies, telling stories, reading stories, gatherings, drawings, and coffee conversations. As I sit and think about all the things happening around our table I can easily get a bit teary eyed. It's so beautiful to think about the moments we have been given and what future moments this new table may witness.

I currently do most of our homeschooling now at the table which is a great change from the student desk we were using previously, but now it isn't just Payton seeking to learn. When you add meals into this, our table sees a great deal of daily use.
We are so grateful to call this table our own.

My husband worked tirelessly on this project for several months and spent even longer than that deciding what design suited our family best. I helped with the painting but mostly this project is really my husband's and he should be so proud of himself.

We didn't always have a ton of work space to work on this project, despite having a shop and an acreage. Weather and loaning the shop for others to utilize for temporary storage kept us shoved into tight corners.
But, we did get it done. We hope to use our table for years and years to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts