Saturday, April 28, 2018

Happy Birthday Sweet Baby Girl

Today was the day. This girl turned 5. Today has totally shifted my world. I don't know how it happened but it is true that time goes faster and faster as you get older. Having children seemed to put our speed on overdrive and I feel like if I blink this girl will be 30, having children of her own and needing me less and less.

It does not seem like 5 years ago I went into the labor and delivery room for the first time announcing that my water had broken. There is no way it was 5 years ago that we had to evacuate the hospital because the ambulance, parked in the hospital garage, caught on fire. I was indeed in labor outside and surrounded by all hospital staff and patients. Don't worry, we made it back inside before our sweet baby girl arrived on that day.
But seriously, 5 years ago?
This picture was on her 3rd birthday and she was surrounded by all of her favorite toys.  I can tell you, add in a few more books (including Little House on the Prairie chapter books) and those are all still pretty much the same top ranking picks for her.

Oh, Payton, we have learned so much about you in 5 short years. You are a natural leader (ahem, nicknamed, bossy pants) and keep your brothers in line. I will never complain about your love for cleaning, order, and playing nicely. Our planner, organizer, and storyteller. You are so easy to please. We gave you the chance to design your entire day since it is your birthday. I knew you wouldn't go too crazy, even though we gave you many options. You chose a birthday breakfast, with just your immediate family, outside playing, and the park. For supper, you chose pizza. Pizza from our freezer. Seriously, so easy.

Payton says when she grows up she wants to be a farmer, mother (to many babies), and gardener. She also has big plans to help any one that wants a baby receive one. She warms our heart. She just may be the change this world needs. You are a natural at taking care of others and I find you regularly caring for your brothers.
This was taken today, on your birthday. He was "scared of dad mowing" so you kept him safe.

It was a great day to celebrate a birthday. Happy Birthday to the one who introduced us to parenthood, we are so thankful you're ours.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts