Wednesday, September 12, 2018

9 Months for our littlest man

Oh boy, boy, you are speeding life up for me. We hit 9 months and it still feels like we should be in month 2. Maybe your commitment to ensuring I don't sleep more than a few hours at a time is what has me stuck at this age? Let's just say, teething has been rough on you (and me) this month. But, you have 2 teeth to show for it and I'm certain a 3rd will come through at any time. Here's a few quick facts about you, sweet baby Jayden:
 1. You take the best pictures. Seriously. This was the second picture I took of you on this blanket. Your monthly pictures take me less than 10 minutes start to finish, including changing you and putting on an outfit.

May your day always shine bright like your smile.

2. You ALWAYS want to be held. That's probably why pictures go so quickly. You will smile if you think I will pick you back up. If I don't follow through, well, you probably know what comes.

I will carry you until you tell me you're too big. And then, my heart will break.
3. You love food and we are slowly adding to what you eat. We are kind of lazier parents and so we have slowly added to your food regime. You love eggs though and (fun fact) I thought eggs tasted so amazing when I was pregnant with you.

4. You are momma's boy. I am pleased to say I am definitely your preferred person in this life. I'll take that any day. You are also willing to do anything and go anywhere without an issues as long as your are carried by your mom.

I could spend all day every day with you. And I am certainly doing that day and night.
Photo courtesy of Payton.

5. You love to swing.
You enter your own little happy place when swinging. You sing to yourself, practice babble talking, let the world pass you by, and lay back to rest your eyes.

A singing child is a happy child.

6. You rocked our world when you came for the better and we would do anything for you.
There really is no love like a mama's love.

Or a daddy's love. Or a brother's love. Or a sister's love.

Just saying.

You are really the center of our world right now and we are so happy to have you here with us. Cheers to month 9.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness, is he ever handsome! Happy 9 month to your little man - my youngest wants to be carried all the time, too, and I love what you wrote: "I will carry you until you tell me you're too big. And then, my heart will break."

    Sometimes I feel frustrated about lugging around my 20+ baby everywhere... but seriously, I'm going to cry when he grows out of this! The years are too short. Love your perspective <3

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts