Saturday, September 1, 2018

Goodbye August, Hot and Crazy

Goodbye August, hot and crazy.
Hello September, cool and lazy.

This is our last year to have all 3 of our babies at home and we spent this month celebrating not having to face the reality that our children are old enough for school (and that we don't have to start shuttling them daily to school). I love having my babies at home with me but I am greatly aware that this season will come to an end all too quickly. I am wholeheartedly embracing the time I have.

My hubby and I made a promise to try and pack in fun exploring activities for the kids any chance we can since we still have a whole bucket list of area activities that we have yet to do. First up, a playground and petting zoo.
 Unfortunately, we didn't realize the zoo had switched to weekends only and we went on a random weekday. Their website hadn't been updated to reflect this. The kids were a little disappointed but were still able to walk the property and see all the animals. They just didn't get the joys of petting them and feeding them.

For another random outing, we took the kids fishing. They actually had a choice between the splash pad (one of their favorite spots) or fishing. We were shocked when Payton caught a bass within minutes of her first cast.
Riley said from the beginning he would catch a little fish. He was totally right! It took a bit more patience and waiting but his response made it so worth it.
Adding in random food and dessert experiences, and the kids thought this month was a total win.
We have to give so much credit to little man, who is the best trooper hands-down. He is so content to do what everyone else is doing and loves watching his family entertain him.
Back at home, we snuck outside any chance we got to play the day away.

Fresh air, flowers, and warm air never felt so good.

I left my phone outside to grab a snack for the kids and they chose to take the opportunity for a photo session. One of the pictures I found:
Same eyes. Oh yeah, definitely siblings. I love catching quick glimpses of life through a child's eyes. It's amazing how fresh and simple their perspective on life is.

We haven't been all play and no work. Our schooling at home started and we've been working hard on the alphabet, numbers, Spanish, and sneaking in art projects as applicable.

 It is harvest time around here so you can find us picking and processing apples, working the garden, and/or roasting veggies regularly. This was our first year to have cantaloupe and we have quite the surplus, which has been so exciting!

Here is one of our apple picking collections:
 During the winter I am so thankful for our harvest and preserving foods but when we are actually doing the work for this, I am not nearly as happy. I think every year that I shouldn't do it and when it's over, I am so glad I put in the effort. This year did not disappoint. I drug my feet the most but ended up with more apples than we have ever had in our 4 years on our property. My 2 oldest children helped immensely and are the happiest helpers. For this, I will be forever grateful.

Hello September, Cool and Lazy.

We are starting to slow down a bit and the weather is taking a slight turn. We love fall and all things football related (most of us come for the food though), outside sports play, changing leaves, camping, and sitting out on the patio any time we want. Our schedule is still staying a bit tight but we plan to take full advantage of our quiet periods in our week.

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts