Tuesday, January 9, 2024

Avery is 9 months!

 I know, we couldn't believe it either! And guess what? Avery gave us this look when we told her, too:

                                                 

It's been a fast 9 months for us. 9 months in and then 9 months out. Life is such a wild ride. We were blessed with one of the best surprises of our lives with this one. Army crawling (not full crawling yet but will get into position) and scooting get her anywhere she wants to go which makes her fast and busy. So busy. She loves being held and loves to explore and go, go, go. Her immediate family members are her favorite people in all the world and she's not afraid to show it. She is very attached. 

Sleep at night goes well but Avery isn't loving nap time most days. I am lucky if she will sleep in the crib for one nap. If we go to school drop off (on the days that we have school but as I write this we just wrapped up Christmas break) I pray she doesn't fall asleep on the ride home. If she does and I wake her, she won't go back to sleep most days. So my other option is to drive around while she sleeps. This is okay but leaves me to get little done around the house. 

So, basically, I get little done around the house. But, that's okay. I love spending my time with our sweet little caboose. 


We are exploring new foods all the time and that has been going well. It's just a slow process at our house but that's okay, we will get there. 

This is one of my favorite ages though for development. Avery is learning so much and I will never ever say I don't love the big open mouthed kisses stage. It's the best. So full of love! I also love to see Avery learn to wave hello and goodbye and babble talk. She's so full of life and just wants to the explore the world with me. A true reminder of how sweet a baby can be. 

I picked out the outfit that Payton wore when she was a baby for her baby pictures (around 9 months as well). I feel so blessed to have saved it. I remember thinking it wasn't worth saving as Payton only ever wore for the one set of pictures. Fun fact, the reason I saved it was because it needed repaired. I planned to repair before parting with but that never got done and it ended up in the baby items. A total win for our family now, a decade later. 


And some sweet pictures of Payton I rounded up:
To me, Avery and Payton look so alike in so many ways but are unique as well. I am so lucky to call them mine.

Avery June, 

Thanks for choosing our family. We are so grateful for you. Just tonight we spoke about how dull our lives would be without you. You were exactly what our family needed. We love you so.

Love,

Mom


No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts