Thursday, July 3, 2014

Independence Day with a Child

Happy 4th of July everyone! This holiday used to be one of my favorites! Note my key word, used to be.

For any of you non-parents out there or any parents that just want to relate. Independence Day (or week as the case is around here) is rough. At night, after my daughter goes to bed, I spend the whole rest of my evening praying she doesn't wake to noisy fireworks. I also pray if she does wake, she doesn't stay awake! Oh, the joys of parenthood!
 
I actually still enjoy the holiday! Last night we had some friends over for some smoked ribs and watched the city's firework show from our house with a firepit and Dairy Queen ice cream cake (friend's birthday). How cool is it that we can see that show from our country house (our new home)? That wasn't possible when we lived in town. As said before, holidays are made so much more fun (and add more stress) with kids!
Oh yes, someone also had her first ice cream cone! I think she liked it!

Today, we are just going to relax and enjoy the day! Payton is itching to get some swimming in (thank you swim class).

How has you holiday gone?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts