Monday, February 15, 2016

Our Valentine's Day Weekend

I hope you all had a great Valentine's Day! We didn't do much as we normally don't for this day. This is more of a day where we make sure to remind those we love how much they mean to us.

We spent the weekend with a full house! My mother, sister, and niece visited as well as my husband's parents. It was so good to see family. 

My sister actually came on a mission. She wanted to find her wedding dress for her marriage this fall and she was successful. It took several hours but she finally found her dream dress. Coincidentally, it was the first of hundreds of dresses she tried on. I wonder how often that happens?
 
We spent the rest of the weekend lounging and enjoying all of our guests. The only thing we really did Valentine's Day related was heart shaped pancakes. They were delicious by the way!

Can you believe this is about the only picture I have of such a good weekend? I decided to enjoy my moments instead of capturing them. Sometimes, I think we all need that. Putting away the phone is generally a good idea. 

I do have a very beautiful moment from this weekend that a picture would have never done justice to anyways. During the chaos of all the people at our house, I typically escaped to the bedroom to feed our son in quiet. He's at that age where he gets easily distracted so the silence helps greatly. My daughter decided to come, too, with her brother's water (we just introduced the sippy over this weekend). She sat with me on the bed and patted her brother's head while he fed. During times when he paused to look at her (and smile like crazy), she would offer him water. She's quite the helper. It was so sweet.

Monday rolled around in its typical fashion, relentless and fierce. The hubby went to work and both kids got up sick. I was feeling well until late this evening. What a way to start the week!

Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts