Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Riley is 7 Months

Oh, how quickly the time seems to go by. My little man is growing and growing. He happens to be such a happy baby and makes being his momma an easy task. Here are some stats for Riley:

Age: 7 months

Stats: He weighs about 20 pounds. I think I put that last month but he was actually more like 18 1/2 pounds. I am not entirely sure about his current length but he is in size 12 month clothes!

Nicknames: We still mostly call him Riley. I've started saying Riley bug, little guy, and Payton loves to say "big guy" and "baby."

Milestones: Riley is rolling like crazy and knows how to maneuver himself to get wherever he wants to go. He also loves spitting and blowing bubbles. Bath time is still a favorite of his.

We have increased the foods that Riley is eating to include mashed potatos, carrots, green beans, crackers, and applesauce. He has also started using a sippy cup.

Sleeping is also going well. There have been many nights that Riley slept straight through. Other nights, he's typically only up once (hello 4am).

Favorite things: Riley loves putting anything he touches in to his mouth. Yep, straight to the mouth. He is also loving foods and trying new foods. This is very unlike his sister, who took a long time to warm up to foods.

Riley loves to laugh and smile. He seeks out his mama and sister and intently watches all they do. He thinks watching burpees is hilarious so his mom does them whenever she exercises.

Oh, how Riley loves having his feet massaged and his head rubbed. Both calm him and help put him to sleep. I find myself doing figure 8s across his head constantly before nap time.

Signature moves: I would say his most recognizable signature move is his biggest smile. The second someone makes eye contact with him, he just lights up. He will be seen banging his hands on everything (tables, windows, and bath water seem to be the favorite spots right now). He is getting to that stage where he wants whatever I have so I prepare that when I hold him, he's doing what I'm doing. Lastly, Riley gets really excited throughout his day and loves to squeal and flap his arms and legs in anticipation. Needless to say, Payton and I spend most of our day trying to get him excited.

Happy 7 months Riley! I can't believe we are now getting closer to the one year mark! We love you so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts