Monday, October 3, 2016

29th Birthday Weekend

Over the weekend, I turned 29. Most birthdays are typically hard for me but this one was relatively painless. I feel like it should have been my 30th. Having children has definitely made me feel old, especially when I get around those in their early 20s. 

As I reflect on my last year, I am appreciative for the good and hard times I've had. I greatly treasure my babies and watching them grow. As a parent, they are teaching me so much when I typically assume it's the other way around. God has given me so many sweet moments with my babies that I will treasure always.

Before bedtime, we almost always make it outside. It's the last chance to burn off excess energy and works so well. Payton loves to run pulling Riley in her wagon. We also get to watch the corn harvested as you can see in the background. I am in awe of all the things my children are being exposed to that I wasn't as a child.

Before I end this post I wanted to share some pictures from my brother's wedding last weekend. It was a gorgeous wedding and my children danced the night away until way past their bedtime.
So, today begins the beginning of a new year for me. I can't wait to see what's in store for my little family!

1 comment:

  1. Happy (belated) birthday to you! Being a parent makes me feel old, too. Not in a bad way... just more tired :) Early mornings, early-ish nights, and always tired!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts