Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Let's slow it down a bit

The best days in life are the ones taken slowly. Fall is my favorite season but it is also known as a very busy season. I promised myself not to put my kids in many activities but I keep finding myself overscheduling. 

Here's the thing, my daughter loves all the activities but they exhaust her. I also want my children to know how to live in quiet. I struggle to sit still and just sit back. I don't want this to be a problem for my kids, too.

So, what will I be doing? After a few months of my daughter in both dance and gymnastics and both my kids participating weekly at the library's story time we have decided to drop dance. We will finish out this month since it's paid for and then decide about enrolling her again in the spring.

I may regret this decision later as I love watching the 3 year old class, tutus, and I couldn't wait to watch the winter performance. Really though, my favorite times are days spent at home doing absolutely nothing and whatever we want. That's the perspective I want to keep.

Because this season of life is about to go too quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts