Sunday, May 13, 2018

Our Country Life= Time Spent at Home

This is more of a quick post dedicating my appreciation to country living. We have now been on our acreage for four years and I have come to love this little life we have developed for ourselves. A decade ago if you would have told me I would be living outside city limits, of any city, I would have laughed. But, here I am and totally loving where life has taken me. A gentle reminder that you should never say never.

Our country life seems to have deepened a quieter way of life for us. We like our peace and simple living practices. Like line drying our laundry.
 Something about seeing clothes dry on the line outside brings so much peace and contentment to my life. There's nothing better than sleeping on a bed of line dried bedding. A real treat we have started to bring to our guests when weather permits us.

About six months ago, our neighbors told us they had seen a fox behind their house one morning. This was something they had never seen in decades living on our neighboring acreage. We were excited to hear this and thought maybe we would one day be so lucky. Then, a few weeks ago, we spotted a fox on our security camera from a few nights before. This was a really big deal for us.

Flash forward a few weeks later and one of my husband's coworkers informed my husband of a family of foxes living less than a mile from our house. We went to the den that day and were in luck! We stumbled upon a family of at least 4 foxes.
 My family is so blessed to have seen this. From the first sighting, we have yet to see them at this location again and fear they have moved on. But, we are so thankful for the memories we received from this family.

As soon as the weather hit a warm spot, my kids were ready to throw on their swimming clothes and run through the sprinkler. Water activities are a favorite pastime for our family.
 It's amazing how much these 2 big kids have grown. They bring so much of everything into our lives.

My lilac bushes are in full bloom and our apple trees are also blooming. It's a favorite of mine to make little bouquets and put in our dining room. They are so fragrant and gorgeous! And they come from our own yard.
We continue to find so much beauty in our new dining room table I shared about recently. It's such a beauty and I treasure it so much.

As you can see, we love to be at home. Our property has so many adventures just waiting for us. We hope you can say the same about your home as well!

Happy Mother's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts