Sunday, May 27, 2018

Siblings bonding

One of my favorite parts of being a parent is watching my children bond and form lasting relationships, for the better or worse. In this season of life, we have been so blessed that our children are very close and, for the most part, good friends to each other. I am in no illusion this will always be the case but I am hopeful that we stand a chance that our children could always find a way to get along together. Who knows, maybe there is even a chance that they will stay the best of friends throughout this life on Earth. There is always that possibility.

I, for one, would choose to share a cup of coffee with either of my siblings or a parent any day.


I'm not sure if its entirely my parenting style, or the fact that we have no family nearby, or that we live in the country but my children really don't have a choice but to do everything together or play on their own. I'd guess its a combination of all factors and the reality is, most of the time a 2 year old and 5 year old don't want to play on their own always. But, this season brings me so much happiness while it encompasses being such a hard, exhausting life stage as a parent.
Payton is really spending a lot more time on the other side of the camera these days and I find so many pictures at the end of the day that capture the world through her eyes. 
She seems to be a natural with the camera. She loves taking pictures of both her brothers as well as all the daily activities she is engaging in. I love seeing some pictures of myself as it reminds me that I am playing a very intricate role in my children's lives even when I feel like all I'm doing is changing/feeding a baby, feeding children, getting children dressed, making/serving meals, and finding activities to do. And repeat.

It's a beautiful time to watch siblings bond to each other and I hope that my children realize that one of the best gifts I ever gave them was this family unit. One day, they may only have each other to lean on.

Have a great Memorial Day weekend! We are so thankful for those that gave their lives so that we could have the freedom we have to live our lives the way we want to.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts