Tuesday, July 16, 2019

Our Boy Turns 4!

Another birthday at our house and we now officially have a 6 year old, 4 year old, and 20 month old. Time flies! 

Riley has been counting down to his birthday for weeks now so I was pretty prepared for this one and didn't shed a tear. It will always feel bittersweet to watch my children celebrate another year. I still feel like I just brought him home from the hospital. My baby who loved to sleep and slept a ton. He held on to the two naps a day for the longest time.  I can still see that little toddler saying, "mama, I hold you," as he reached up for me with his arms wanting to be held. If I close my eyes I can still see him sitting at the table at the age of 2 trying to tell us a knock-knock joke that ends with the punchline being "I got you." All things of the past now. 


I took Riley to several different locations during the week of his birthday, as time allowed, and he gave me soooo many good pictures. He's a real treat to be around. We also stopped at the train depot in our town and he got to play as well.
He makes life so easy and is just so go with the flow. He is so calm and collected most of the time.

On his birthday day, we stayed home and did our own family celebration. He picked the balloons and we surprised him with paw patrol decor, as he still loves this show!
We have been trying to give an experience gift for birthdays and holidays now so we got him tickets to a pottery class with his sister that was mermaids and pirates themed. We went to that the next day and I am sure I will share pictures from that on the month recap post. They had so much fun!

Grandma came to visit for the week as well and so our birthday celebration continues. We will also camp this weekend and have a party with family for Riley.

Riley,

You look like mama but want to be just like daddy these days. You follow him around constantly trying to do what he's doing and want him to lay with you at night as you fall asleep. I can still convince you to go on quick dates with me and spend quality time with me at the coffee shop or park. 

When you grow up you still want to be a pilot. You also dream of being a farmer, race car driver, and father to 9 kids! You are the best of friends with your sister and want to go to school with her. I don't know what you will do without her when school begins. I don't know what I would do without you if you could go with her. You love to take care of your brother and your relationship with him continues to grow and grow as he is able to play with you more. 

You make your family so happy. You love to ask what you can do to help us and you are just the greatest little helper. When someone is upset you do whatever you can to try and help them.

We can't wait to see what year 4 brings for you my child. May your wings continue to spread!

Love, 

Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts