Sunday, February 19, 2023

Saying Goodbye

 It is never easy to say goodbye. It is a part of life though and something we all go through. Getting to love another is the most precious gift in life and parting ways until we all meet again in Heaven is typically included with love. This month we said goodbye to our beloved lab/brittany mix dog, Maggie. We had her for 13 1/2 years and it was such a blessed experience to know and love her. 

We got her as a puppy and she lived a nice, full life with us. In 2019, we said goodbye to her (and our) best friend, Wes, a westie. I truly didn't think Maggie would make it this long after he passed but I am so thankful she did. My kids have had her their whole lives and saying goodbye was so hard as they struggled with letting her go. She had health issues that got worse over the last 6 months so I know she was ready but we would have probably never been. I pray she is running in heaven now, following Wes everywhere, just like she did on Earth. 

Here she stands proudly from roaming our property as she loved to do, as long as we were outside with her. She didn't ever like to be alone. EVER!

The next few photos are from when we first got her as a puppy. She was so tiny:

She had Wes from the beginning and she loved him more than life. 
                                                   She also thought she was  small lap dog...
She was taken hunting and typically did okay on those trips. My husband is grateful for that special time with her.
A picture with my first babies. I loved them both so hard. I will cherish the season I had with them. 11+ and 13+ years is a long time but feels so short now that it is over. I never saw this day coming and, yet, it still came. 

Until we meet again my precious babies, run free. You were so loved. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts