Sunday, July 5, 2015

A Recap of Last Week

I have hit 37 weeks pregnant and I am really starting to feel like my time with just Payton is coming to an end. I'm not ready. I so enjoy my time with her and am nervous for how my time will be split when the new baby arrives in a few short weeks.

She will totally rock as a big sister but I struggle with wondering how I will do as a mother of 2. I pray that I will transition well during this new adventure. Ready or not, this baby will be coming soon!

I decided to start off our week with a trip to the park first thing last week. This was mostly aimed at shaking our week up, beating the heat, and giving me some extra memories with Payton as an only child. We spent several hours at the park, which is much longer than normal for us, and we had so much fun. We walked, played at the playground, watched ducks, and ended our trip at the splash pad. I love watching Payton interact with other children and develop her social skills. 

On Tuesday, we headed to our local library for story time. She loved reading before this class started. During story time, she sang and danced and then colored with the group. It's amazing how muc she has grown in the last few months.


This week I also surprised Payton with a lunch for just the two of us. We went to a local hamburger joint and enjoyed burgers, fries, and malts. You can't beat that as a midweek treat!

The rest of our week was pretty quiet. We kicked off the 4th of July with a BBq for a group of our friends on the 3rd. Payton had a blast with everyone. She was so worn out that we decided to stay around our home on the 4th and put her to bed early that night! 

I hope you all enjoyed Independence Day!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts