Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Our blur of a week

This has been a long week for us (me) since we didn't get much of a weekend. My husband had left on Sunday to spend time with his family cleaning out his grandparent's house. We decided I would stay home with the kids since they would be overly helpful with cleaning and they also may not survive the 6 hour round-trip drive. So, to save us both of our sanity, my typical week started on Sunday.


With the weather finally cooling down, we have gotten outside a lot! I've been trying to exercise and am using outside time as my chance to squeeze a workout in. Payton loves to ride her bike while I walk/run with Riley in the jogging stroller.  

I got the above picture from a friend and have been dying laughing every time I see it. This is every trip outside with Payton.

On Tuesday, the weather was so nice that we had breakfast outside on the back deck. Payton was so excited about the change from our normal routine that she was singing to us like crazy. I feel blessed to have had my husband find our video camera and was able to record her singing and a small glimpse at our morning together. I know that years from now these will be the moments I miss. 

Grandma came to visit and gave us a good shake up to our week for a few days. She helped with the painting of our pantry. This job has been on the list for about a month now so we are glad it's done, AND that means we have finally completed the addition of a kitchen pantry in our house. 

As Friday arrived, I was ready to throw in the towel. This was just not my day. By the time my husband arrived home I had bathed 2 kids and 2 dogs because I had to (kids had potty accidents and dogs had rolled in something smelly outside). I had also done 4 loads of laundry directly related to these baths when I normally do 1 load of laundry per day. We also have people working in our basement so I was managing that. Combine all of that with almost no sleep and you get one grumpy, tired momma. I plan to pop open a bottle of wine tonight and drink until I can sleep as good as this guy:

I don't think it will take much for me at all!

Cheers to the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts