Saturday, November 7, 2015

Apple Harvest

We completed another season of harvesting our apples trees. Well, almost completed. I still have about half a bucket of apples to process. That will be done this week (hopefully).

This was our second fall at our house and we absolutely love having apple trees, harvesting the apples, and having homemade apple goodies all year long. This home has taught us so much in such a short time.

My love for apple harvesting has grown as I observe what we are teaching our daughter and the increased family bond that is formed as we all work together. She is learning about where our food comes from, the work put into preserving food, and how this hard work pays off for our family. One day, our son will learn as well. 

As the aroma of fresh apple cider fills our home, I find my heart filled with love for our little homestead. Who knew 3 small apple trees could bring so much love?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts