Friday, July 15, 2016

Our One Year Old

My youngest baby turned 1 last week. I'd be lying if I said I didn't shed a tear. Time seems to have picked up the pace since bringing littles into the world. I can hardly wrap my mind around that.

We now have a 1 year old and a 3 year old running around. When did that happen? It's so surreal.

We spent most of the week celebrating Riley's birthday. Our daughter has a blast singing to him, hanging up decor, and baking cakes for both his smash cake photo shoot and birthday party. He is one happy, lucky boy to have a sister, parents, and family that love him so and came to celebrate his birthday with him.

Riley was such a mess after eating his cake at his birthday party that he got a bath outside, in a storage tote. Grandma added bubbles to it and we watched him splash and play until he was about to fall asleep. He took an extra long nap that afternoon.

We were also a bit late to the game in getting Riley baptized, so we got this done on his party weekend. The intention was that this would make it convenient for our families to attend the baptism. Riley's godmother was unfortunately not able to make it though so we had a grandmother stand in for her. 


Riley, you are such a blessing, so easy going, and always care free. You have made the best addition to our family. Your happiness is so contagious. As I write this today, you went your longest stretch of sleep last night, 8:30pm to 7am. Other than that, you have gotten up at least once (but normally 2-4 times) every night. I'm not sure if you're sleeping through the night will last but I sure enjoyed a good nights sleep!

Happy Birthday Riley. We love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts