Saturday, January 11, 2014

Saving Money on Haircuts

For those of you who can cut your own hair or have someone who will cut your hair for free, you don't need to read this! Just keep doing what you are doing! I envy you and your great money saving trick!

For the rest of us who aren't so good with hair that we trust ourselves to whip out the scissors and manage our own mane, there are still ways to save money!

1. Extend your time between cuts.

The general rule of thumb is to get your hair trimmed every 6-8 weeks. Try to hold out until the 8 weeks or longer if you can. I go until my hair starts to look a bit drab, typically between 10 and 12 weeks.

2. Find a place where you get the most bang for your buck.

I am the first to admit that I was very reluctant to try places like Cost Cutters and Super Cuts. They are known for cheap costs, which made me wonder about quality of cut. You know the saying, " you get what you pay for."

After my first visit to Cost Cutters, I was hooked! You can still request a stylist, so if you find one you like you can stay with them. They are also super fast and have done a great job on my hair! 

Before Cost Cutters, I was going to a very popular, very classy salon. I paid about $32 for a haircut (with tip) and now pay closer to $15 (with tip). Keep reading for how that cost is so low.

3. Take advantage of coupons and specials offered

One of the reasons I stay with Cost Cutters is that they offer coupons and run weekly specials. I signed up for their appointment reminder and with each email notification, I get a coupon for my haircut. Our local store also runs a Tuesday special with a haircut for $9.95. That gives me plenty of room for a nice tip!

At our house, we spend about $70 a year on haircuts. My husband cuts his own hair, so this money spent is basically my cost alone. He keeps offering to cut mine, but I am not ready for that yet!

How do you save money on haircuts?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts