Friday, January 31, 2014

DIY Baby Gate

When our little one was born, we sought out to buy all the safety supplies we would need to baby proof our house. We landed in quite the predicament when we learned that the standard baby gates did NOT fit our stairway! 

After trying 3 different gates with no success, we started looking for a gate that would work with our set up. These custom made gates were $400 and up! We decided we had to go the do-it-yourself route!

We spent a few weeks browsing the internet and coming up with a plan. We found this example to be THE ONE design for us!

Off to the lumber store we went. For us, that meant Menard's. We picked out the oak (already treated and stained so we could skip that step) for us to use and then set to work. Well, at least my hubby did. I mostly kept him company while he worked. Good thing he finds the babe and me pretty entertaining! 

This was a weekend project, started on Saturday and completed on Sunday! Not bad for $75, eh?!?!
She loves it already! 



2 comments:

  1. That's the classiest baby gate I've ever seen.
    # socialmediasaturday I liked you on FB. (sorry I don't Tweet or Pin) Have a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lexa! I subscribed to email on your blog! Can't wait to get to know more about you! I hope you have a great weekend as well!

      Delete

Popular Posts