Thursday, May 22, 2014

A Bit MIA

I realize I have been missing in action for a bit now. I could go into the list of reasons why, but ultimately. Life. Happens. There is just way more on my plate than I could possibly handle so I have been doing the best I can. I end my days with an overwhelming to-do list for the next day, not my style. 

My week actually started out well with a beautiful, long walk.

Then, it became chaotic in an instant. Although I planned for it, I hadn't planned for the projects around the new house to be so time consuming or for extra life stuff to happen.

So what am I doing? I have been working on the (new) house trying to get it cleaned and painted before we move in. This isn't typically a must before moving day but we can't actually live there until all the plumbing issues are corrected. So, while the plumbers work, I work (and then some because I have found plumbers seem to work limited hours).

With the assistance of my mother-in-law this week, we started with the living room. Here is the before picture:
 The crown moulding in the middle was removed and we found peeling paint. A trip to our paint store and we learned we had to scrape walls and then prime then before we could even consider painting! All I wanted were my walls painted! Oy vey!

After hours of scraping and 1 coat of primer, we got this (excuse the mess):

After 2 coats of paint on all the walls, this is our progress:

We couldn't be happier (with the result and that this painting project can conclude)! We are planning to get some crown moulding along the top before we call this room done!

This new house has been so much work already that Payton added in an extra nap one of the days. I desperately wanted to join her.

I also regret to report that I did succumb to coffee this week. Really, the only way I have been able to get through these long days and nights (baby is teething) is to live on this stuff.

In all reality, I am struggling horribly. I miss my normalcy and want my routine back. I am hoping we get moved quickly and I can find my balance again. And get some sleep. Much needed sleep.

How has your week gone?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts