Thursday, May 1, 2014

The Girl Behind The Blog

So, I just found this post that focuses on getting to know the men behind the (female) blogs. Each month there are a few questions for the men to answer. Since I follow many female bloggers, I think this is a great way to know more about the men in their lives, so I will be doing this for you this month! This is the last month this blogger will be doing this though, which is quite a bummer since I am just getting started!

Anyways, I won't be posting my hubby's responses until the 15th. Until then, I thought maybe I would give you my own personal responses first! Maybe we can see how the hubby and I compare!

So, here we go, these are the questions for this month and my answers:

1. What was your first job?

My first paid gigs were working at my grandmother's donut shop when I was 8 and babysitting at the age of 9! Before that, I accompanied my mother as she cleaned houses and businesses. If you met me in real life, I would hope you would say I work really hard, sometimes too hard. I am constantly working on playing just as hard as well!

2. What is the biggest risk you've ever taken?

I am really conservative and don't take many risks. BORING, I know! I would say that buying my first rental house with my husband (future post about this will come) felt like a risky move to me. I did tons and tons of research about becoming landlords and how to make a rental work. I think my stress levels were through the roof up until the day we found our first renter. That renter is still there, three years later! Best risk I ever took!

3. What is one thing you can't live without?

My family. My focus in life used to be my career and I would work 60 hour per week. My priority was to move up the career ladder and I was constantly focused on how to move up one more rung. That is no longer me. I want to work to live, not live to work. I want the special moments with my family, ones I know I will never get back. These moments are so simple, like the whole family crawling under a blanket fort and our baby giving kisses out of excitement. Yeah, I want that.

4. What is your least favorite food?

Hot dogs with macaroni & cheese. Although, we do eat this regularly because it is easy and our child (and the hubby) seem to really like this meal, I just don't care for it. I really have never liked hot dogs. It also always leaves me feeling like I am a bad mom who should be cooking a healthier meal, even if it means exerting a few more minutes of effort.

5. If you could time travel, where/when would you go? 

I have many moments in life I would absolutely love to revisit! I wouldn't necessarily want to restart my life from those spots, but a peek into past moments would be great! This week, I am definitely thinking about an ordinary day when I went for a walk with my mom. I may have been about 10 years old. 

We walked all over town and I don't remember much else about this day except that I was really happy, had a great day, and talked with my mother about how fast time was going. I remember saying, "before I know it, I will be in high school, and then married, and having kids of my own." Now, I feel like I did blink and over a decade has passed me by since that beautiful, summer day in my hometown. One of my many good memories!

What are your answers to these questions? I would love to hear your responses!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts