Wednesday, October 29, 2014

DIY- New Curtains

After moving to our new house, our child moved into her own room. It was sad to see her leave our room, but it was time and she transitioned like a champ! I guess some things are harder on the parent than on the child.

The one thing I was excited about with our child moving to her own room was that it meant I could really decorate her room for her! I have slowly been adding pieces in, like this custom DIY toy box my hubby and I made (with help from my husband's father). My next plan was to add in some curtains!

I wanted a very simple valance added to her bedroom so I started out looking for the perfect material. It took several stores, but I ended up with this:


Very simple! Next, came the work of making the curtain. I must tell you, I have no knowledge of sewing. I'm hoping to learn someday, but don't feel I have time right now for this hobby. Needless to say, I called my mother-in-law and she came in to help with this.

We used this blog post as a guide for how to create our curtains. This was so fast and simple, we were done start to finish within an hour. We couldn't be happier with the finished look.

 
What do you think?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts