Sunday, June 28, 2015

DIY: Sandbox

For our child's first birthday, we made her a kid's sized picnic table that converts into benches. It was a total hit for our daughter (as well as for us)! We decided then that we would want to give a handmade present of some sort for birthdays hence forth. The next year, we failed. For her second birthday, we didn't have time to make the gift we wanted to (I have a million excuses why). We did buy her a play house that she enjoyed though. 

Not to despair! We (by we, I mean my husband and his father) have since found the time to make a sandbox for our child and she couldn't be happier:

That's her doing the happy dance!

The sandboxes with bench seats seems to be very popular right now and I have seen several individuals locally selling them. I also regularly see them on Facebook and Pinterest. We loosely followed these plans for this sandbox. Most of the plans we found were for a 4 foot by 4 foot sandbox but we decided to go a bit bigger (go big or go home approach is typically our way) and did a 6 foot x 8 foot. sandbox It's seriously BIG! The great news is that it nicely folds up when we are done using it!

We have only had the sandbox for a few weeks but have found so much enjoyment from it! My husband and a friend also had a castle building contest over a random weekend after having a few too many drinks! I think it's safe to say, we are all enjoying this new toy!

In other news, I am 36 weeks pregnant with our baby boy! Holy cow, has time flown by! I definitely feel like I am about to pop at any given moment. I'm hoping to get an update on the pregnancy done this week. 


What updates do you have from your week?

This post has been linked up with Epic Mommy Adventure's Meandering Mondays blog hop.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts