Friday, May 29, 2015

10 Mins To Yourself: Give Your Toddler a Box

Sometimes, life is just too simple and easy. Why do we make it harder than it has to be? I fall into this trap of needing to always be doing something really creative constantly with my child. Sometimes this means mess-free painting, bathtub painting, or any other Pinterest inspired activity I can find. At the end of the day though, my child doesn't really care what I put together for us to do, she just wants her quality time and something to do. I sometimes fail to recognize this.

The other day, my husband took an empty box and turned it into a train for my daughter, complete with a side door and windows. She loved this and has continued to play with it daily. She loves to have us sit inside with her while she climbs in and out. She also colors the box and brings her babies for a train visit. The possibilities for playing with this box appear endless! 

An added bonus is that my toddler will also play with the box and give me a quick 10 minutes to get a few things done. Who can beat that? And this activity... totally free! It may take up some space, but it's totally worth it!

I have been battling severe allergies this week and thus welcomed this box with open arms! Not feeling well combined with little sleep has made it especially challenging for me to get through this week. Alas, it's Friday (finally) and I am looking forward to the weekend! We have no major plans but to continue working on finishing our basement. I'm hoping to get some rest while I recover from being so sick this week.

Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts