Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Birthday Party for Payton and Easter Festivities

We spent yesterday and today taking life slowly. So very SLOWLY. Our weekend was so fun and filled with so many activities that both kids needed some time to take it easy. So, we have been loving watching our neighboring farmers prepare for another crop season, enjoying fresh blooms (even if most are dandelions), picking a few flowers (again, got to love dandelions), dancing, and fully embracing the quiet life. 




This morning, I took the kids to the library. They are having a stuffed animal sleepover event and so we took in the animals the kids got for Easter.
What this picture doesn't tell you is what our time at the library looked like. It was one of the worst visits we have ever had. Both kids definitely needed another day to recuperate from the weekend and I believe 3 people shed tears on the way home. An extra long nap time/quiet time is calling our names. Also, leaving your toys, despite all the prepping I did, is not easy for a toddler and preschooler to understand.

I wanted to recap our weekend which included Payton's 4th Birthday Party and Easter. I totally failed at taking pictures during the party, so I don't have a lot of that to share. I have a lot from set up though! We went with a Minnie Mouse/Mickey Mouse theme, per the request of Payton. We were also going to have it in my hometown but Payton made it very clear she wanted it at her house so we went with that.








Normally, I take on the task of making both the cake and the cupcakes. This was my first year to order the cake. It was a little less stress for me and I may be doing that more in the future.

My family came up for the party and Payton also was able to invite 2 of her friends, after begging and begging. A few of our close family friends also came. This alone made for a full house. I love seeing the cousins together though.
I really wish I had gotten more pictures, but I did get Payton blowing out the candles at her party. This is always my favorite part of birthday parties. That and eating the cake.



Payton was so tired afterwards that she spent the rest of the day laying around.
Riley took this time to enjoy some of her new toys.
Most of my family left on Saturday. My mom was the only one to spend Easter with us. We went to church, let the kids hunt for the eggs we hid, ate a beautiful lunch, and made a few special cupcakes.







It was a very memorable weekend and the kids have been talking about it since.

How was your weekend? Are you as ready for spring as I am?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts