Friday, April 28, 2017

Happy 4th Birthday to Payton

Happy Birthday to you, Payton Ruth! You have grown so quickly and we have been so honored to be blessed as your parents.

You are the sweetest child with the biggest heart. You love to color and send pictures to family and friends, make calls just to say, "have a great day," and are very concerned about doing the right thing. I watched as family members and friends have called today to wish you a happy birthday and your response continues to be, "Thank you and how are you doing?" You always remind the person that you miss them and wish to see them soon. I'm sure you will continue to inspire me to become a better person as I watch your loving heart evolve.

We spent yesterday celebrating your last day as a 3 year old and today we are ringing in your 4th year. Your request for a meal includes peanut butter and jelly sandwiches with an apple. That's exactly what you had for lunch today. You also wanted dirt cups instead of cake. Balloons were the decor of your choice (although balloons covering your bedroom door were not welcomed this morning).

May you always be this easy to please.

I have to share a story from the picture above. You opened this gift and saw the graham cracker box. You were so excited and happy to get graham crackers that you celebrated this gift. There was quite the moment of surprise when you realized that was not what was actually inside the box.

Today was also a big day for your brother, your biggest fan. He was so excited to celebrate your special day with you. He made a card for you and cheered you on with the festivities. He hugged you constantly and tried his hardest to say happy birthday.

Your birthday will probably always be a little sad for me as I watch you grow and grow. This year though, I am just more excited than anything. Your own excitement is maybe just that contagious. I am so happy for you and how much you love life. I am looking forward to what this next year will bring. And, in your own words, "you will always be my baby." Yes, yes, you will.

So, cheers to you, our Payton Ruth. Life is so much better with you in it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts